Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Bellamy could join Blakely in Gators backfield

Picture a backfield that has Mike Blakely and Mike Bellamy!

It became a real possiblity this week after a coaching shakeup at Clemson that left Bellamy saying he wasn't sure he would stay committed to the Tigers.

There are many schools seeking the services of the Punta Gorda Charlotte High running back and rumors were rampant that the new leader could be Florida if Bellamy de-commits.

As of now, Blakely is the only tailback who has committed to the Gators in the Class of 2011. The Manatee High standout graduated at mid year and is scheduled to begin classes Monday at Florida.

Bellamy said he talked to Clemson head football coach Dabo Swinney and was waiting to see what happens next.

"All I can do is respect that, so I am pretty much sitting and waiting to see what happens," Bellamy said. "I am still one-hundred percent for Clemson. Whatever happens, happens. If they bring in a coach I don't think will fit my need then I will de-commit, but other than that I am still one-hundred percent commited to them."

For his part, Blakely has remained committed to Florida even when Urban Meyer announced he would not return to coach the Gators and retire.

No comments:

Post a Comment