Monday, February 28, 2011

Ramirez early fan favorite for Rays


Manny Ramirez showed Monday against Pittsburgh one of many reasons why he has become a fan favorite for the Tampa Rays this season.

Besides smashing two line drive base hits in two at-bats and driving in a run, the new Tampa Ray also scored from third base on a wild pitch. Ramirez handled two balls in the outfield without any problems though he admitted he was nervous.

Ramirez now has 3 hits in 4 at-bats for the Rays. However it was his hustle on the wild pitch that earned him a lot of adoration from the fans in the Rays game with Pittsburgh.

“I just go and play. The game says play ball so I just go and play. I am just happy I was safe,” Ramirez said. “I was kind of nervous out there in left field, but I feel great and I am excited. Anyway I can help the team is good for me. This is a long season and when it’s over I am going to see where my game was.”

No comments:

Post a Comment