Thursday, February 24, 2011

USF suspends Grant from women's basketball team


University of South Florida head women’s basketball coach Jose Fernandez has suspended fifth year senior forward Porche Grant for two games for not representing the University and program in a positive manner, and not adhering to the BIG EAST Conference sportsmanship policy.

Grant will miss the Bulls’ final two games of the regular season at Villanova on Saturday (Noon) and the regular season finale - and Senior Night game - against No. 18/18 Georgetown on Monday night (7 p.m.) at the Sun Dome.

“I want to apologize to my coaches, my teammates, the University of South Florida and the BIG EAST Conference for my actions leaving the floor against Rutgers on Wednesday night,” said Grant. “Although the game was extremely hard played between both USF and Rutgers, and my frustration in having just fouled, this is no excuse for how I handled myself. This is not who I am as a person and I have to accept responsibilities for my actions.”

No comments:

Post a Comment